Introducing the AWE Exhaust Suite for the S197 Mustang GT:
- No compromises: All the muscle with zero drone
- Proudly engineered, designed, and manufactured in-house, in the USA
- Touring and Track Edition Axle-back options available
- Touring Edition features AWE’s proprietary drone-canceling solution, 180 Technology®
- 4.5” double-walled tips available in chrome silver or diamond black
- Less is more: clean, non-baffled, straight-through design maximizes performance
- Handcrafted from U.S.-sourced CNC mandrel-bent .065” wall T304L stainless steel
- Direct bolt-on system for factory-like simplicity
- Perfect fitment guaranteed
- No Check Engine Light - Guaranteed
- Featuring the AWE Lifetime Exhaust Warranty
Touring Edition Axle-back
The Touring Edition is the perfect configuration for those who appreciate a hearty muscle tone without having to bear in-cabin drone. Construction of full 3” .065”-wall stainless steel while featuring 180 Technology®, the Touring Edition roars when you want it, and quiet when you need it.
Sound Perfection: 180 Technology® by AWE.
As exhaust gases exit the Mustang GT’s 5.0L engine and flow into an AWE 180 Technology® equipped resonator, they pass through strategically located ports, and into reflection chambers. Sound waves, carried by these exhaust gasses, bounce off the walls of the reflection chambers. By controlling the size and location of the ports and the chambers, we also control when the sound waves exit the chambers. The specific timing of when the reflected sound waves rejoin the main exhaust flow creates a one-hundred-and-eighty-degree out-of-phase sound wave that cancels out problematic frequencies. More on 180 Technology® by AWE in the tab above.
Track Edition Axle-back
If raw and rowdy are your speed, the Track Edition is your dose of steel. The loudest of the lot, the Track Edition Axle-back retains all the engineering and precision of the Touring Edition, including the 3” diameter tubing, minus the 180 Technology®. The result? Completely raw wake-the-dead level muscle.
These versions are known to get rowdy in the mid range, and may be too much for many. For that reason, these particular versions cannot be returned due to sound preference. Prepare yourself.
Important fitment notes
The factory ball & socket clamp is to be re-used.
All tip options include the AWE logo and double walling to ensure a mirror finish even under hard usage. All tips are individually adjustable, allowing depth into the bumper to be set according to personal taste
- 4.5” slash-cut diamond black tips
- 4.5” slash-cut chrome silver tips
What’s in the box?
Complete Touring or Track Edition Axle-back Exhaust, two 4.5” tips in desired finish, all necessary clamps and hardware for installation, and installation instructions.